Colossal Cave (Unfinished) Colossal Cave (Unfinished)

Simple but nice concept, reminds me a lot of Rock Raiders. :) Inspiration by any chance?

GuyUngerNL responds:

hahah, absolutely.
I was obsessed with that game when I was little

The Last Stand. The Last Stand.

Absolutely fantastic, classic flash game. I remember playing this game several years back, and its even better than I remember it. (Possibly because I'm ridiculously bad at it anymore. ;))

Kudos the people behind this, and I wish them prosperous careers and lives!

Pixel Land Pixel Land

This is pretty decent for an in-progress game. However there are some noticeable flaws that should be fixed by the time the game is finished.

For example, the visual production quality of the whole thing is noticeably low. Things like font choices and a somewhat inconsistent aesthetic break the immersion of the game. You should attempt to further refine the design of the game. Also, the aesthetic itself comes off as more cheap or "first game" looking than retro. This can easily be fixed by adding a bit more detail to the sprites. Also, no offense, but the pseudo-Mario look kind of works against the rest of the game, as once again it makes it cheap-looking. The level sprites need more variation.

The audio production quality, as it should be for a retro game, is low. However, you should maybe consider equalizing the audio (a lot of noises are too much louder or quieter than the others), and perhaps add some chip tune music in the background. More sound effects are also needed, for things like exiting levels and maybe even random growls and such from enemies.

But drop all of that for a second, let's talk about the actual gameplay. The control are solid enough, though a bit slippery. This probably isn't going to make anyone ragequit anytime soon, but be careful not to turn it into a cheap cause of death during long jumps in the levels. Speaking of the levels, the level design is meh at best. The problem is that you're playing too safe with the player. Try to include more complex design like back tracking or different sections (think like the pipes leading underground from the surface in Super Mario Bros.) The enemies in the game are very generic looking, and need more detail so that they don't look like placeholders for the final enemies. Everything feels bland, repetitive, and rushed and/or poorly made.

Overall, for the moment it is a more bad-mediocre experience than anything else. Try to add some unique gameplay features to separate the game from the hundreds of popular platformers, so that it may have a better chance of getting some recognition.

Good luck with your game and I wish you success in making it a great game :)

Where is 2014? Where is 2014?

Sweet! I love the art style and ending. :D

Doom Triple Pack Doom Triple Pack

A perfect port!

Plays great, sounds great (besides no music), looks great, is great!

Controls are a bit weird compared to original, but easy to get used to. Great Job!

Damnation: DooM Game e1m1 Damnation: DooM Game e1m1

Pros:
-Surprisingly good graphics
-Well done animation
-Good choice of background noise; songs fit the moment nostalgically
-The 2 mini games intensify the feel

Cons:
-A tad glitchy (random misalignment of things)
-Animation is noticeably choppy at some parts

Verdict: Very fun to play and overall well-made!